Why not use Lent as an opportunity to do something positive for the community – whether that is your family, your road, your school, your town, your borough or your planet? The Philosophy and Theology department is launching a 40 Day Stewardship Challenge, starting next Wednesday 17th February, to coincide with Lent.
The challenge is to do a task each day which has a positive effect on the community in some way, either charitable or environment – some examples of what you might do are:
- Sort out a draw and give one thing you don’t want/need any longer to charity
- Next time you go shopping add an item to the Food Bank
- Plant some seeds for a ‘vegetable garden’ (this could be some herbs or tomatoes etc)
- Pick up a piece of litter on the street and put it in a bin (make sure you have hand sanitiser with you!)
- Make something from the recycling pile (a tealight holder from a tin can for example)
- Walk don’t drive
- Make your own paper
- Make some seed paper
- Upcycle something from your cupboard (making something different that you will use from something your don’t use)
- Make a bird feeder
- Construct a bug hotel
Please copy and save the document below with photographs of your activities, and share your document with Mrs Major (Head of Philosophy and Theology)
Whatever you are doing, we hope you all have a great half term!