In Years 3 to 6, girls are encouraged to become more independent in their approach to learning. They are named after the original building our Junior School was housed in on the Elmfield Road site in 1883.
Meet our Year 6 pupils
They are supported to develop the ability to apply a deeper level of knowledge to explain concepts and solve problems.
The girls are mainly taught by a form teacher but also benefit from the expertise of an increasing number of other staff and specialist teachers, including Senior School staff. As they progress through Hawthorns we prepare the girls for the routines and expectations of Senior School life.
The Hawthorns curriculum comprises Art, Design Technology, English, Modern Languages, Geography, History, Computing, Mathematics, Music, RE, PSHE and Physical Education (swimming, gymnastics, netball, tennis, dance, cricket, football, hockey, athletics)
- Specialist teaching in modern languages, Latin, music, PE, computing, design technology and science
- Regular class trips and visits from experts
- Residential trips for Years 5 and 6
- One-to-one iPads for every girl in Year 5 and 6
- Extensive co-curricular programme of activities and clubs
- Orchestra and Choir
- Sporting opportunities to compete against schools at regional and national level
- Increased development of independent skills and positions of responsibility
“Bromley High has made my daughters what they are today; confident and self-assured young ladies. I could not have asked for a better education for them and for this I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the staff.”Parent